'Plaint of the Playwright

'Plaint of the Playwright

[ Monday, March 26, 2007 ]

30 Days Of Mystery

Hey, everyone,

Sometime last year (okay, the year before), I wrote a 30-chapter mystery novella called "Knock Knock," that I'm just dying to share.

The thing is, I feel that when you hand someone a huge stack of paper (and a prose one, at that), it becomes this albatross in their house--that thing that they want to read, but will never get to (I'm sorta guilty of this one myself).

My solution? 30 days in April. 30 Chapters. A chapter a day. Cliffhanger-style.

"Knock Knock," incidentally, is about Anthony Phillip Grover, a.k.a. Tony Bompicelli, a.k.a. "Tony The Bomb," former mobster from Claymore, New Jersey, now living in the Witness Protection Program in the pseudo-liberal town of Iver, Wisconsin.

When a sex offender moves into Tony's neighborhood, Tony does not react well to that. Not at ALL. After over a decade of keeping a low profile, Tony's ready to start some major crime again...

If you're interested in joining my email subscription list, just send me an email at mr6@yahoo.com and let me know.

Again, this will start April 1st, and you'd receive a chapter a day for the whole month. Almost every episode ends with a cliffhanger, too, so this'll be a fun read--if you're familiar with my writing, you'll know that I'm kind of a meat-and-potatoes kind of writer--don't expect boring, pretentious, and flowery prose--and DO expect profanity, violence, and all the other stuff your mother warned you about.

Feel free, during the process, to send critical or encouraging emails--there may be a good chance that the pages I send out will be revised based on comments and such.

And, if all goes well, later this year, you'll see the sequel, tentatively titled "Soccer Moms."

Thanks!

rob.



posted by Rob on 1:33 PM | link

--------------------

1 Comments:

Your style is really unique compared to other people
I've read stuff from. Thank you for posting when you have the opportunity, Guess I'll just bookmark this web site.


My page - visit website

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, February 14, 2013 10:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment