'Plaint of the Playwright

'Plaint of the Playwright

[ Monday, October 18, 2004 ]

Here's the first version of the web poster for my next full length play, Welcome To The Terrordome:



For the two of you that have been reading this from the beginning, you may remember this as being the show I wrote the first draft of over a Christmas vacation--less than one week.

The skinny so far is, it's not going to be for Broom Street (although I am still doing Sledgehammer Party)

Also, I'm not directing this one. It is being directed by the lovely and talented Kathy Lynn Sliter, who, in addition to saving my life, is just simply a much better director than me.

She and I were workshopping this earlier this year with the cast: Molly Vanderlin, Casey Grimm, Amy Sawyers, and R. Peter Hunt. We're looking at Spring of 2005, at the Kanopy Dance Company, which is where Kathy staged the wonderful show Squirrels, which was a night of short plays by Don Nigro.

Terrordome is a thriller in real-time, about a woman abducted by three teenagers, and it's one of the most intense things I've written. There's a raw feel to it--mainly because it totally poured out of me.

More on this as it happens.

In other news, Smith And Kraus have asked to publish another of my monologues, this time in their next edition of 222 Short Monologues For Men.

Annnnnnnnnnd, I don't want to say much about it yet, because nothing's set in stone yet, but let's just say that I may have another theatre-related reason to visit the East Coast next year.

Why, you may ask?

I'll give you a hint for now:

Stabby stabby.







posted by Rob on 1:05 AM | link

--------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment