'Plaint of the Playwright

'Plaint of the Playwright

[ Tuesday, November 11, 2003 ]

Oh, my fucking God, he's finally updated his goddamn weblog.

Yes, it's true.

Here I am, in all my glory.

It's been over a month since my last post.

I didn't even mention that I'm in a play. It's Sex, Drugs, Rock & Roll by Eric Bogosian, and I've been a fan of the show since high school. I do the monologue called "Live," in which I play a 51 year old rich guy.

And when I say "do" the monologue, I mean have sex with it.

No idea what the hell that meant.

Anyway, it's not that nothing has been happening in my life.

Far.

Fucking.

From it.

No, I've been busy.

In a not-very-good way.

There's not much I can really say about this, and I'm not getting into it, but just so the seven of you who come here know, my wife Betsy and I are getting a divorce. I've moved to a new house, and am trying to put my life back together as best I can.

For those of you wondering how I feel about it, the answer is:

I feel pretty much like you'd think.

Lousy.

Hm.

Yeah, after you drop a bombshell like that, I guess it's inappropriate to talk about much else, huh?

Well, I'm not going to get into the whys of it, but I will say that outside of depression, emotional pain, legal costs, and giant pools of self-doubt, the hardest thing has been having to explain to all of my friends why.

I never talked about my marriage to most of my friends. A select few would hear about any of our problems.

Everyone else thought we were happy. My parents were stunned.

I'm honestly sorry it's come to this.

I promise I'll be funny next time.



posted by Rob on 8:09 PM | link

--------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment