'Plaint of the Playwright

'Plaint of the Playwright

[ Wednesday, May 01, 2002 ]

First off, Happy Birthday to John Woo.

Second--Adam, this is for you.

This is a cartoon I drew, that my friend Adam Spiegelman wrote, in which our hero ("Eyeball Bill" as named by Alex Dunne), is asking Tracy Madigan (chick we used to drool over), on a date.

With this kind of talent, it's startling that I never went pro.  Maybe it had something to do with my utter LACK of talent.  No, no, it's the other people who were wrong.


This was in the 1989 April Fools issue.

Also in that issue, was this story:

Food Mixup Kills Students
On March 8, six MHS students were sucked out of the main building cafeteria after they ate lunches which were mistakenly delivered by Pan Am's food service.

The airline lunches were delivered to the MHS cafeteria after a paperwork snafu delevered the wrong food to steel-workers and NBC executives in New York City and an airline routed to Pigmolar, Arkansas from the Newark International Airport.

The mixup was corrected and all food services involved received the correct food the day after the cafeteria incident.


Oh, and this was our credit in the issue:

What's the paper that makes you go out and drive your car?  M-O-U!  N-T-A!  I-N-E-E-R!  Mountaineer!  (Eat me!)  Mountaineer!  (Fuck you!)  Why don't you go and and take a long walk OFF!  A!  SHORT!  PIER!  Hey there!  Hi there! Ho there! Now, just who do you think you are?  M-O-U!  N-T-A!  I-N-E-E-R!  M-O-U...You should have KNOWN that was going to happen!  N-T-A....'Ay, Adam, your voice carries! I...N...E...E...R...   Thank you, thank you, I'm here all week.





posted by Rob on 7:36 PM | link

--------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment