'Plaint of the Playwright

'Plaint of the Playwright

[ Thursday, April 18, 2002 ]

So last night I'm watching the show "The Job," and in the episode, Denis Leary is sure that some guy he sees is involved in some sort of crime...only to find out that, of course, he's seen every out of context, and that he's been acting like an idiot all along.

Whoa. Didn't see that one coming.

Can't we just retire this plot once and for all?

Is there a name for it? I know Roger Ebert has a term called the "Idiot Plot," but this is specifically for tv shows--directly, tv sitcoms. I'm thinking something like The "Delusional Hero Complex" episode.

After they did this with Parker Posey on the Simpsons, there was no point in doing this plotline ever again.

Argh.

There's a bunch of plotlines I could do without, actually. I'm getting real tired of episodes of shows that revolve around a "hairbrained scheme."

Ed is starting to do this.

Come to think of it, all of the characters on all the network shows I watch are just getting stupider and stupider.

Someone, somewhere, must think this is what we want.

Double argh.

Anyway, in other news, everybody keep your eyes on Unrealistic Expectations, as I'm going to be reviewing Trash Movies (Oooh! My favorite!) for them. I've already written two reviews, and they should be put on the site soon.

I'm dash excited about it.

Pop quiz, hotshot: You're in a room with a girl who might not be a girl.

What do you click?

...What do you click?



posted by Rob on 12:57 PM | link

--------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment