'Plaint of the Playwright

'Plaint of the Playwright

[ Tuesday, February 19, 2002 ]

Okay, now I'm gonna plug another show I'm involved with, seeing as I've just gotten an email from a friend who didn't know all there was to know about it (Hi, Jill!).

Yes, that's right, I'm talking about Blitzkrieg 3-D.

I've written for this both years that Buck Hakes (the producer) has done it.

It kicks ass.

Here's the deal: Eight writers (or writing teams) meet up at 8 pm on Friday, at 8pm. We draw titles out of a hat.

At 8am, the following morning, we turn in our scripts.

9am, one hour later, they are distributed to the directors.

10am, the actors are cast in the shows.

4pm, final dress.

8pm--that's twenty-four hours after the writers pulled the titles out of the hat--the show goes up.

So, if'n you're interested (and I know you are), Buck's doing it twice this year. (I'm writing in the first week.)

Actors are cast fairly early--the auditons for both weeks will are in the lobby of the Bartell Theatre (formerly the Esquire) on Monday and Tuesday, February 25 and 26, 2002, from 7pm-9pm.

If you're interested in acting or having anything to do with it, well, Buck's the guy to talk to. His email is buck.hakes@psc.state.wi.us.

The show dates are Saturday, March 2 and Saturday, March 9, at 8pm both nights, if you're just interested in seeing it.

If you're interested in seeing the kind of stuff that gets done at these things, email me and if I'm feeling saucy, I'll send you one of my scripts from the previous years.

By the way, in a future post, I'll have something about the Blitzkrieg experience.

But for now, you're just going to have to click
here and suffer.



posted by Rob on 9:42 AM | link

--------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment