'Plaint of the Playwright

'Plaint of the Playwright

[ Saturday, January 19, 2002 ]

This morning. 8:30 am.

What's that number? Oh, yeah...244-8338...

(dial, dial dial...)

(ring, ring, ring...)

(ring, ring, ring...)

"Hello?"

Joel?

"Yeah?"

It's Rob. I just wanted the time of the director's meeting.

"You want to what?"

The time of the meeting. When is it?

"Ten thirty."

Ten thirty?

"Yeah."

Okay, wasn't sure if it was ten or ten thirty.

"No. Ten thirty."

Okay. Thanks, Joel.

"Yeah, ten thirty. The twenty-sixth. See ya."

CLICK.

Hmm.

Hey, wait a minute.

(dial, dial, dial...)

(ring, ring, ring...)

(ring, ring, ring...)

CLICK-LUNK: "Hi! Joel Gersmann isn't here, but let me tell you what's going on down at Broom Street Theater...(CLICK) Hello?"

Joel? Me again. Did you just say the twenty-sixth?

"Yeah."

Because I have on my calendar that it's today.

"No, that's impossible."

That's what I have here. It's been here for months.

"Who told you that it was today?"

You did.

"No."

But I've had it on my calendar here.

"What day of the week is the twenty-sixth?"

It's a Saturday--

"Then it has to be then. We had to move everything around Q's schedule."

I've always had here that it's today.

"Who told you that?"

You did. And Scott.

"Scott told you that?"

You told me that.

"No."

I've had this on my calendar for months.

"I never would have said that. It's always been the twenty-sixth."

This is the first I'm hearing that.

"No, it's the twenty-sixth."

Then we have a problem. I work that day.

"That's a Saturday."

Nevertheless. I'm working.

"Well, we'll be meeting until noon, what's the big deal?"

I work from eight thirty to twelve thirty, Joel, I'm not gonna be able to make it.

"What is this, the bank job?"

Yes. The bank job. I work then. I changed around my whole schedule just to free up today.

"Well, I don't know what to tell you..."

So, I can't make the meeting. I'm sorry.

"Maybe it's something about the way I give out information, I don't know, but it's always been the twenty-sixth."

Okay, Joel.

"Sorry. I guess we'll have to do it without you."

I guess so.

"Goodbye."

Bye.

CLICK.





posted by Rob on 9:13 AM | link

--------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment