'Plaint of the Playwright

'Plaint of the Playwright

[ Sunday, January 20, 2002 ]

Saturday's Wisconsin State Journal had Nadine Goff's review is out for Mercury Players' Computers In Love!

Oh, boy.

Oh, boy.

I'm really looking forward to this episode of...

Critical Blowback!

(in which critics' mistakes are my piss-takes.)


Let's jump right in with the first paragraph:

Tumult:  disorderly agitation or milling about of a crowd usually with uproar and confusion of voices.


For you Nadine Goff fans out there, the Fat-Ass-Dictionary Word for this review is tumult.

Okay, here's where she totally misses the point and rips apart "Sonata For Internet," the show I directed and Doug Reed wrote:

Yeah, whatever, you...huh?


Um.

Okay, but she doesn't even mention the cast. What's up with that?

He's Carmine...The Dog...Brigante, he's the GREATEST DOG IN THE WORLD!  ARF!  ARF!


Oh.

(Wow, you know a critic likes it when they credit my dog puppet. By name.)

Okay, but now she's gonna totally rip apart "Tech," the show I wrote:

Huh?


Oh.

I read a phrase like "Matsushita masterpiece" and my Ironic Detachment Generator gets all gooshy.

Uh...so she goes on:

Um.


Huh.

Well.

Ahem.

Uh...yeah.

Okay, I know what you're thinking.

"He's lot gonna let Nadine Goff off the hook just because she positively reviewed both of the shows with his name on it, is he?"

Well...

He is.

Oh, just click here and leave me alone, willya?!?




posted by Rob on 9:18 AM | link

--------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment