'Plaint of the Playwright

'Plaint of the Playwright

[ Thursday, January 10, 2002 ]

As if I haven't plugged it enough on the page, but Computers In Love opens tonight. I watched the final dress yesterday, and I'm very happy with it.

"Sonata For Internet," the play Doug Reed wrote and I directed, is one of those odd little pieces that I'm guessing audiences will need to see twice to fully get...but last night people seemed to really respond to it.

As for "Tech," the short play I wrote and Bob Moccero directed, I was very happy with the production and the response.

Dave Durbin (who you may remember from Whatever Happened To Bette And Joan? or my wedding) confirmed for me something I'd been wondering--his performance in it is an impression of me, or at least, he's adapting some of my mannerisms. I'd been wondering if anyone would ever do this to me (since I've done it to so many), and I'm actually flattered by it.

Particularly when he told me: "The second you told me how much of the story was true--like the email--I just said: 'Oh, yeah. I'm gonna be Rob. Totally gonna do the whole acerbic, sarcastic, dead-pan, 'someone just shoot me' delivery.' Oh, yeah."

Which is really cool, considering I was still working at Sitel when I was directing Whatever Happened To Bette and Joan.

In "Welcome To The Terror Dome" news, Steve Van Haren of RoundHill mentioned to me that we "may have a venue" for it.

It seems Madison Theatre Guild wants to start an "After Hours" series of shows to be put on after one of their shows. They had a decent success with their last one, and want to continue it.

"But," he added sheepishly, "They're going to want to read it first."

Oh, I said.

"Oh, sure, I think it'd play well after Harvey," Casey Grimm added ironically.

No idea if it'll go anywhere, but hey. The second I find out, you find out.

Oh, and if you know what's good for you, you'll click here.



posted by Rob on 10:06 AM | link

--------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment